Check out the restaurants that I have reviewed in this blog!






Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New finds and deals at McDonald's

I am happy to find some new items on the McDonald's menu!  They include:

1) Third Pounder Angus Burger


This is definitely the bestest item in McDonald's menu!  It comes in three favours: bacon and cheese, swiss and mushroom, and deluxe (which has veggies and cheese).  McDonald's in the States has the third pounder Angus for a long period of time already, and I had always wanted to go to the States for the burger.  I am soo happy  that they bring it over to Canada!  I tried the swiss and mushroom and the deluxe (I'm not a fan of bacon) and they both tasted great!  I personally like the deluxe burger more as I like to have some veggies with my burger. 

2) Peach baked pie


It is a nice new flavour after the banana chocolate pie.  The taste is nice and light with just the right amount of sweetness, which makes it a delightful dessert for spring.  It does have real peach fruit, though not much, and the peach jam in the pie has a subtle flavour and doesn't taste artifical.  Overall it is a good item to try, though I personally like the original apple pie better.

3) Chocolate coffee triple thick milkshake

Oh god, stay away from it!  It is way way way too sweet!!  I guess they mixed chocolate syrup, coffee syrup, and soft serve ice cream together.  I just took one sip and the sugar in the milkshake was so overwhelming.  I took 3 more sips after because I didn't want to waste it (it costs around 3 bucks with tax for a small cup!), but I can't go pass the third sip.

4) Cadburys Creme Egg McFlurry

Yes it is the time of the year again!  McDonald makes this item around Easter time, and it is a favorite to some people (they have a facebook page).  I haven't try it myself and I don't think I will after trying the milkshake.  I have heard that it is very sugary.. but if you like creme egg, this is an item for you!

DEALS!!!!  DEALS!!!  DEALS!!!

1) Today I saw the third pounder Angus for 50% off at the Broadway Station location!!  The burger on its own is usually $5.50, so now it's $2.75!  It is a great saving and a great time to try it out!

2) From April 19-Sept 6, fountain drinks and iced coffee any size is only $1!  Nice way to welcome the warmer weather nowadays :)

3) In Metrotown, regular coffee any size is only $1!  This deal has been going on for a while already, and it is the only location that I know of which has this deal.

4)  Fillet-O-Fish has dropped in price!  Right now it is $2.50 per burger, and it was 3 something before!

I hope you'll enjoy your time at McDonalds and enjoy the deals!  Ba-la ba ba ba

5 comments:

  1. how was the peach pie??

    ice coffee for $1 weeeee! :)

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Priz! :) The peach pie is good, worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda.
    Me (Valerie) and Sarah (my sister, remember?) tried the peach pie tonight. It tasted like can peaches :p Sarah likes it though...We didn't try the banana chocolate pie. Was that pie any good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Valerie and Sara! The chocolate banana pie was okay. It had banana creme with chocolate syrup :) It was pretty sweet so it would satisfy a sugar craving. I only had one, and I think one is enough :P

    ReplyDelete