Check out the restaurants that I have reviewed in this blog!






Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finch's Tea & Coffee House

353 W. Pender St.
Vancouver BC
(604) 899- 4040

Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm
Saturday 11am- 4pm




Date of Visit: June 13, 2011

If you are looking for the perfect prosciutto sandwich, Finch's Tea and Coffee House is for you.  I was browsing through Urbanspoon to look for an unique place to have lunch with my friend, and this cafe got my attention.  Not only did Finch's Tea and Coffee scored a high rating in Urbanspoon, photos of the food in Finch's were really tempting as well.  As I know my friend is a big fan of vintage/ victorian decor, I believed it would be a great place for us to try out :)


Ambience * * * * *

I love the ambience!  I feel like I have travelled back in time :)  The place is decorated with just the right amount of vintage furnitures to create a cozy and comfortable ambience and wouldn't be overwhelming. However, the cafe only fits around 5-6 tables, so it may be hard to find a seat at lunch time.  You have the option to order a take out.




Service * * * 1/2

It is a self-served cafe, where you order at the counter and then pick up the order when the staff call you.  The staffs are friendly and they are passionate about the food they serve.  As they are perfecting each and every order, the order takes a bit longer time to be ready.  If you are in a rush, they recommend to call in advance to order.  The other downsize is that they only accept cash or debit.


Food * * * * 1/2

Steamed Soy Milk with Maple Syrup

It is a great idea to add maple syrup to steamed soy milk!  However, it was too sweet to my liking.. the staff actually offered to add more maple syrup, but it was already too sweet. 


Chai Latte

My friend ordered a chai latte and she liked it :)  I tried a sip and it tasted great!  It had just the right amount of sweetness, creaminess, and spiciness!


Pear, blue brie, prosciutto, roasted walnuts, oil & vinegar Baguette ($8.75)

It was the bestest sandwich I have ever had!  Seriously!  It tasted as good as it looks.  The sandwich was like a piece of art that I would admire its beauty before taking the first bite.  The taste of the whole sandwich was very well balanced with saltiness from the prosciutto, sweetness from the pear, and souriness from the vinegar.  I thought the prosciutto would be really fatty, but actually the fat was well marbled and there wasn't a big strip of fat.  Yumm so good!


PLT- Prosciutto, lettuce, tomato ($6.25)

My friend ordered the PLT and she was really full after the sandwich!  The sandwich was really big and it has lots of lettuce and prosciutto! :)


Value * * * *

The price is right for the quality and quantity of food.  It is around the same price as the pork sandwich I had from Hubbub, but this sandwich is more unique and higher quality.


Overall * * * * *

I would like to visit the cafe again and would highly recommend a friend to eat there!  I had a wonderful time with my friend at the cafe :) 





Finch's Tea & Coffee House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment