Check out the restaurants that I have reviewed in this blog!






Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jethro's Fine Grub

3420 Dunbar Street
Vancouver, BC
(604)569-3441
Mon-Sun: 8am-4pm


Date of visit: May 17, 2011

My friend learned about this restaurant from Urbanspoon, and we were really excited to try this highly rated restaurant.  It is located in the Dunbar neigbhourhood, which makes it a great visit as we can scroll West 4th Ave after the meal.  If you were driving, there is a one-hour free parking on the street in front of the restaurant.  We got there at around 1:30 pm, and the place was filled with people finishing up their lunch.


Ambience * * *

It is a plain, straight-forward environment with wooden chairs and tables.  I was expecting more Jethro and Grub decoration.  Also, the place is not really big, so try to aviod busy hours.  Nonetheless, the place is clean, and it is a comfortable place to catch up with a friend.


Service * * * * *

The service was fast and friendly!  Although there were only one or two people serving food, they were very quick to serve drinks, and the server checked on us twice to see how we were doing with the food.  I believe there were only two cooks, so the food come out a little slow, but it was still within reasonable amount of time.

  
Food * * * * 1/2

 

All Hail The Cuban ($10)

It has pulled pork, Swiss cheese, ham, dills, and pickles in fresh Caioti bread.  The bread was very nice and soft, and it was really fresh.  Although the pulled pork wasn't marinated (as I thought it would be), it still tasted good in combination with the other ingredients.  I think the sandwich would taste better if the taste of the pull pork stands out a bit more.  Sauces in the sandwich, thousand island and mustard, and the Swiss cheese gave the sandwich a creamy, smooth texture.  The sandwich comes free with salad or fries.  The portion of salad and sandwich was very generous.


 Crab Cake Benedict ($11)

My friend ordered the crab cake benedict and it was so nice of her to offer me to try her benedict.  It was so good!  It had a generous amount of crab meat in the crab cake, and it tasted great with the poached egg and hollandaise sauce.  You can choose different kinds of toasts to go with the benedict, and my friend chose the rye bread.  Out of the two dished that we ordered, I think the crab cake benedict wins over the sandwich.

Value * * * *

I think it is an average price for a brunch/lunch, and I am very happy to see a satisfying portion of food on each plate.  We were both really full after the meal, and my friend couldn't finish her plate :P


Overall * * * *

I would definately go again if I were in the neighborhood and I would recommend my friends to go there.  We both had a very satisfying meal!  I saw the lady from another table who ordered a grandma pancake.  The pancake was huge!  I would love to try the pancake next time.

Jethro's Fine Grub on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Like!

    hey why did you cut yourself out of the picture?! :P

    ReplyDelete